Maa Al Thahab respects your privacy and shares your concerns about how your data is used.
*What personal information do we collect?
When you visit Maa Al Thahab.com, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some cookies installed on your device. And as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products you view, what websites or search terms referred you to Maa Al Thahab.com, and how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as Device Information.
In addition, when you attempt to make a purchase through Maa Al Thahab.com, we collect certain information from you, including your name, mail address, phone number, billing address, shipping address, and payment information, including credit card numbers. This is called Order Information.
Data provided by visitors might include:
- Name and surname
- Personal address
- Contact information, including phone number and e-mail address
- Payment information
- Any other information created by visitors, i.e., survey responses, comments, or purchase history
*How do we collect your data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
1- Direct interactions:
You may give us your Identity, Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms or corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail, or otherwise.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for our products or services.
- Create an account on our platforms.
- Subscribe to our service or publications.
- Request marketing to be sent to you.
- Enter a competition, promotion, or survey.
- Give us feedback or contact us.
2- Automated technologies or interactions with third parties:
As you interact with our platforms, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
*How Do We Use your personal information?
Collected data is used in a variety of ways:
- To create and manage visitors' online accounts
- To carry out the purchasing process
- To understand how the website is used
- To manage loyalty programs
- To personalize the website and offer relevant information
- To communicate with you about promotions, offers, contests, and surveys
- To solve inquiries, returns, and refunds
- For internal records, market research, and product development
Collected data is only shared with our corporate affiliates and other parties that are necessarily involved in the fulfillment of orders. Otherwise, we will only share your data if there is a legal requirement.
Online payments are made using a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details and cannot be accessed by us. A reliable payments service provider processes all transactions.
Your data will be processed for the duration of our contractual relationships and stored for a reasonable period, after which it will be erased entirely.
As part of our standard data collection process on our Web Sites, the Web Site may deposit "cookies" in your device to identify you and/or to track the validity of sessions and enhance your browsing experience. Cookies are small pieces of data that a website automatically sends to your computer, tablet, or mobile phone while viewing the website.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- "Session" cookies, which are used to allow you to:
- carry information from one page of our website to another without having to re-enter information; and
- access stored information when you are logged in to your online account.
- "Persistent" cookies, which allow us to offer you tailored content on our website by helping us to remember:
- any personal information that you have provided on previous visits to our website;
- the number of visits that you have made to our website; and
- your preferences
Third parties are not able to identify customers using cookies.
*To enable cookies:
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser, you use to access the Internet:
- For PCs, click 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option.
- For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option.
- If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window).
- If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window).
Please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
We may provide links to websites owned and operated by third parties for your convenience. These websites have their own privacy policies that differ from ours, and we are not responsible for any information you provide them.
*Sharing your personal information:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use Maa Al Thahab.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations in Egypt and to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive.
*Protection of your personal information:
Our platforms have secure pages to collect user information; most critical data is encrypted. We use various technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored on our system. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and encryption technology that works with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
*Using your data in Marketing and Advertising:
Advertisements for our products and services may appear on third-party websites around the Internet. Some websites and services deliver these advertisements based on data that has been previously collected about your past behavior online.
For example, if you have viewed websites about gift baskets, these websites or services may display to you an advertisement for our gift baskets. This kind of targeted advertising is sometimes called interest-based or online behavioral advertising. We do not control such third-party websites or services on which these advertisements appear.
We do not control how they collect and use data about your online activities. Any information these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous and contains no personal contact information.
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. To do this, we may send you details of products, services, discounts, promotions, and campaigns which may interest you.
We may send you marketing communications with your consent. Suppose at any time you do not wish to receive marketing communications via e-mail or participate in our ad-customization program. In that case, you may choose to unsubscribe from marketing communications by contacting us via e-mail or logging onto your account to change your relevant settings from the profile' section, accessible from the main user page on our platforms.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We have relationships with third parties who may collect or receive information directly from the cookies placed by our service on your computer to assist in analyzing our businesses and customers and to give credit to other sites that direct traffic to our platforms for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your information to our staff and to third parties involved in the delivery of your order. We may authorize them to use such information for our benefit, for instance, to process your order, communicate better, and provide appropriate offers to you and your Product recipient(s).
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and per our instructions.
We may disclose your information if necessary to protect our legal rights if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, or we have good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(1) conform to the requirements of law or comply with governmental orders, court orders, or legal processes served on us or
(2) to protect and defend our property or other rights, the users of the platforms, or the public.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk protection.
*Account Deletion, Data Deletion, and Rights:
As a consumer, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: you can request a copy of the personal data we process about you.
- Right of rectification: you can request to have inaccurate and/or incomplete personal data rectified and/or completed.
- Right to erasure: also known as the 'right to be forgotten.' You can request to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to limit the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This is an alternative to you requesting the erasure of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: you can receive the personal data you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request us to transmit this data directly to another controller.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to processing your personal data if it is for direct marketing purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: you have the right to object to automated processing.
If you have any comments or questions or want to exercise your rights, don't hesitate to get in touch with us: